7 Year Adjustable Rate Mortgage Information
7/1 ARM programs offer introductory rates for the first 7 years of the loan. Once that period expires, the loan begins to adjust up or down based upon the loan's margin and its corresponding index. In recent years, 7 year ARM rates have not always been lower than 30 year mortgage rates which has made them a less popular financing solution. Yet, there are times when 7/1 ARM rates are low enough that it may make sense to take on the risk of not having a fixed rate product. You will want to compare 7 year ARM rates to current 30 year fixed mortgage rates and 5 year ARM rates and then weigh the risks and rewards of the various programs. We are more than happy to counsel you on whether a 7 year adjustable rate mortgage makes sense for your individual needs.
Some Items to Consider with an ARM Program
- Potential options for homebuyers and homeowners who plan to be in their properties for 5-10 years.
- May not be an ideal solution for people who are concerned about their future earnings.
- Can be risky in certain real estate markets. When there is a significant decrease in property value it can be difficult to refinance out of an ARM.
Request Current 7 Year ARM Rates (3 Options)
- Call 800-316-9508 for a free mortgage rate quote and home loan consultation.
- Check 7 Year ARM rates using the Mortgage Quote Form on this page.
- Get Started Online.
Please provide the following information to get started on your quote.